This is an outstanding opportunity to join Lyreco, one of the largest workplace solutions companies in the world. We are seeking a Supervisor for our Regional distribution Centre in Dundee.
Our Regional Distribution Centres play a very important part in ensuring Lyreco deliver the best customer service in the industry. Our next day delivery service is as important to us as it is to our customers!
We are looking for someone to support our Regional Distribution Centre Supervisor in ensuring that our Dundee depot is ran as efficiently as our other deports throughout the business.
- This role has supervisory responsibilities for all employees within the RDC,
- Ensure vehicles are fully maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and that defects are reported and repaired. Ensure daily/weekly checks are carried out on vehicles to ensure that vehicles are roadworthy and operate within legal requirements e.g. payload, Tachograph, etc.
- To prepare the RDC budget and report monthly on distribution costs for the RDC. Provide daily, weekly and monthly information on the performance of the RDC.
- Establish and maintain personnel files for all RDC staff and ensure records and information is kept up to date e.g. driving licences, skills training records etc.
- To motivate staff and hold regular monthly meetings with all staff and produce minutes of these meetings. Regularly assess and appraise staff performance in accordance with company guidelines.
- Manage workloads daily and take appropriate action to redistribute work between vehicles, hire couriers as appropriate.
- Recruit and induct new staff – also assist in the training and development of staff based at other RDCs.
- Establish and amend all journey codes for the RDC to ensure all vehicles have an allocated journey code and workloads are equitable between each journey code.
- Ensure all deliveries and collections are carried out in accordance with agreed service standards e.g. GOP delivered within one working day, furniture (if appropriate) within five working days.
- Work closely with Sales Representatives and Account Managers, actively participate in local Field Sales and National Accounts meetings, to ensure customers receive the highest standard of service at all times.
- Liaise with local suppliers to help in the maintenance of the building and vehicles to the required company standard. This will involve holding regular review meetings and assessing performance and prices.
- To be responsible for the operation of the RDC including security, health and safety, and operation of equipment (forklift trucks, etc.).
- To ensure all quality procedures in the ISO 9001 manual are up to date and staff adhere to these. Participate in all quality audits for the RDC and ensure all necessary actions are taken as a result of any audits.
- Ensure staff are kept informed and adhere to regulations relating to the working time directive and the operation of tachograph regulated vehicles, including the maintenance of accurate records of driver hours and tachograph charts/digital data.
- To comply and enforce Company policies, procedures and standards. Promoting Quality, Environmental company practices and a safe and healthy working environment at all times.
- This role requires interaction with various members of the public both on the road and on customer premises and it is essential that the job holder is able to portray a positive image of themselves and the company at all times.
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be requested by a Regional Distribution Manager / Logistics Director.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate the Lyreco values at all times.
- PC skills and knowledge of MS Office applications.
- This role requires regular contact with the company’s customer base. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Excellent planning and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and train staff.
- Previous supervisory and multi-drop delivery experience.
- Good working knowledge of local geographical area.
- Pro-active approach with the ability to effectively manage change.
- Working knowledge of Tachographs and EU driving regulations in relation to the working time directive.
- Possession of a current driving licence, including Category C1 driving entitlement or willing to train.
- Possession of a valid forklift truck operator’s certificate and driver smart card for digital Tachographs.
- CPC holder where applicable or willing to train.
- Available on the telephone for out of hours contact.
- Occasional overnight stays for training induction and meetings.
About the Company
Established back in 1926 as a small bookstore, fast forward to now and we are one of the leading Workplace Solution providers to the b2b marketplace! Covering 45 countries, employing over 10,000 people and offering complete end-to-end business solutions across all sectors!
At Lyreco we aim to ‘simplify life at work’. We care about our employees and customers and strive for excellence in everything we do, which means we look for people to join us who are passionate and committed to providing the best service possible.
Lyreco UK & Ireland