People and Culture Director
At Lyreco, we believe in working together for tomorrow. Which means constantly looking to innovate and evolve so that our employees, customers and business continue to grow and develop in the ever-changing world that we live in. Our employees are an essential ingredient to the success of the company and we are committed to providing a positive, productive and supportive work environment where all employees are valued and inspired to be the best they can be.
We are looking for a People & Culture Director with responsibility for Lyreco UK & Ireland, predominately based at our UK/Ire Head Office in Telford, Shropshire. The role reports to the Managing Director, with a dotted line to the CPO and a mission of building culture, capacity & capability.
Our People & Culture organisation is evolving, with the ambition to provide a great employee experience and build a positive and people-centric culture, so that our employees can delight our customers.
You will be responsible for optimising the People & Culture function by creating and implementing changes across all people related processes and initiatives. This role represents a unique chance to work with a passionate workforce committed to excellence and an opportunity to elevate the People & Culture Team to operate as a more strategic and people focused operation.
You will drive a truly collaborative way of working and aim to deliver an outstanding service to the business and our customers alike. You will be a key business partner to the local senior management team, as well collaborating with colleagues across the Lyreco Group globally, to strengthen the overall people strategy from both a local and global standpoint.
To contribute towards the overall mission, you will also have the following responsibilities:-
- Deliver an amazing employee experience, helping people to realise and develop their full potential.
- Create and deploy strategies around:-
- Performance management
- Learning and development
- Employee engagement, happiness & wellness at work.
- Diversity & inclusion.
- Talent acquisition & management.
- Organisational design and optimisation.
- Function as a strategic advisor to leadership for all things people related.
- Support the digital transformation program across the organisation and the implementation of ‘best in class’ people technology,
- Build and lead an amazing, highly empathetic and performing People & Culture Team.
- Create compelling and dynamic cultural programs that engage, inspire and motivate.
- Collaborate with the Global Talent Acquisition & Learning & Development Leaders to deliver outstanding services to people.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the People and Culture function.
To deliver on this mission, of course you will need excellent and compelling communication skills but we are also looking for a truly unique character with a collaborative nature and open-minded approach.
Other essential requirements:-
- Experience in managing/leading successful People organisations.
- Demonstrated ability of creating a collaborative culture within the People operation and throughout the wider business.
- Cross cultural focus within a MNC.
- A commercial and strategic mind-set - driving measurable results against strategy.
- The ability to create, drive and champion change transformation.
- An empathetic and positive nature, to inspire your team and colleagues.
- To always, be inclusive and culturally sensitive.
- Experience of leading and delivering on complex projects across the people operation and wider business.
- Degree level education in the area of People/HR.
- A strong knowledge of HR legal regulations and employee relations expertise.
- Proven ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders and clients.
Getting the right talent for our Executive teams is fundamental to our business growth and vision, if you can bring the above and like the sound of the opportunity this presents then we would love to hear from you.
Lyreco UK & Ireland