People & Culture Director
We are hiring a People & Culture Director with responsibility for our Hanover, Germany office, based remotely and at the Hanover site. The role reports to the Managing Director & Chief People Officer, with the main mission being to build culture, capacity & capability.
At Lyreco, we believe our employees are an essential ingredient to the success of the company and we are committed to provide a positive, productive and supportive work environment where all employees are valued and inspired to be the best they can be.
Our HR organisation is evolving to the next stage, with the ambition to providing a great employee experience so that our people can delight our customers.
Our people and company culture are key to our success so you will take the lead in building an amazing employee experience from the ground up and ensuring that we have the best talent acquisition strategy, performance, compensation and retention plans, learning and development and company culture.
- Deliver an amazing employee experience so that our people can realise and develop their potential, shine and delight our customers in return.
- Develop, operationalize and deploy our people strategy, including; performance management, learning and development, employee engagement, happiness at work, diversity & inclusion and talent management.
- Employee rewards & benefits and internal engagement.
- Function as a strategic advisor to leadership and managers for all things people related and support the digital transformation program of the organisation.
- Always be looking for ways to improve and modernise our People policies, tools and technology systems to ensure an excellent employee experience in line with our core values and culture.
- Keep abreast of industry knowledge and trends by participating in conferences and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining professional networks, and participating in professional organisations.
- Build and lead an amazing, highly empathetic and high performing People and Culture team.
- Create compelling and dynamic cultural programs and initiatives that engage, inspire and motivate the employees of Lyreco.
- Coach, mentor, and partner with leaders and managers at all levels of the organisation.
- Partner with the Global Talent Acquisition & Learning & Development Leaders to deliver outstanding services to our business & people.
- Support the implementation of best in class technology and digitalise the entire employee lifecycle.
- Direct a process of organisational development that primarily addresses succession planning throughout the company.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the People and Culture function and act as primary contact with Works Councils and outside government agencies to maintain great relationships.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant degree level education and proven track record of managing/leading successful People organisations.
- Strong knowledge of legal regulations and employee relations.
- Proven ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders and clients, to drive measurable results against strategy.
- Excellent oral and written communication with outstanding presentation skills.
- Proven project management and organisational skills.
- Open-minded with the ability to listen to and coach others.
- Collaborative with a consultative approach.
- Committed to excellence.
- Inclusive and culturally sensitive.
- Resilient and able to create, drive and champion change and transformation.
Lyreco UK & Ireland