Lyreco is a global B2B workplace supplies company with a strong sense of tradition and a highly successful business model - one that has seen it grow to become the market leader in Western and Eastern Europe, Scandinavia and the Far East.
Part of what makes Lyreco successful is its ability to recognise the changing nature of the marketplace.Two years ago and as part of a wider digital transformation program, Lyreco created a small innovation team to explore global trends that will affect our business in the coming years.
We are constantly evolving and refining how we work and how we can navigate the fast paced world of workplace innovation.
We are currently running MVPs around blockchain, voice, and subscription boxes - with more projects planned.
Background & Skills:
- Able to work independently and as part of a small (but growing team).
- Has previously worked as part of a startup team in a junior role - eg intern
- Interested in new technology & trends affecting the workplace and new ways of working.
- Self motivated, with a good work ethic. Able to work alone some days and from different locations - eg home, co-working spaces and occasionally European locations.
- Curious, passionate and driven.
- A desire to learn
- Willing to look for solutions to a range of challenges that may not fall within a single traditional skillset. Nothing should be considered ‘not my job’
- Good communicator - Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Able to use or learn to use a range of tools - eg photoshop, email platforms, messaging apps
- French speaking would be a bonus but is not essential
- Creative thinker with a can do attitude
- Good organisational & project management skills
To work with and support the innovation manager in:
- Executing/managing ongoing projects/MVPs
Eg - in the case of the ongoing blockchain project
-Attend regular video conference meetings with stakeholders
-Record minutes and outcomes of meetings
-Prepare progress & financial reports
Eg - Anywheres subscription box project
-Sourcing items for the subscription boxes
-Generating social media posts/adverts
-Printing labels and info sheets
-Preparing boxes for dispatch
- Researching trends and preparing reports & presentations
- Building relationships with the startup and innovation ecosystem and with Lyreco’s various departments
- Researching and creating content for newsletters and other internal comms around innovation
This is a new role within Lyreco, working in a team of different thinkers. As well as trying to understand what the future of Lyreco is going to look like, the innovation department is deliberately disruptive and challenging. The successful candidate will need to feel able to participate in conversations, push ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about new technology and new ways of working
- Have worked for or run your own startup/side hustle
- Have knowledge of or be connected to the startup community
- Be able to build social capital and be able to build a coherent argument for things you feel strongly about
- Used to working in a loosely structured manner - different working locations, face to face and video meetings etc
- Fascinated by the things that can change the world - sustainability, technology, AI, smart-cities, autonomous vehicles etc
Our Innovation Executive vacancy offers a salary of up to £32,000 p/a + Benefits
Lyreco UK & Ireland