Head of Inside Sales
This Head of Inside Sales role is ideal who has experience in leading transformation, reviewing new and existing processes, restructuring, reviewing resources and systems and implementing any changes to the company infrastructure where necessary.
Key elements of the role will be to define and execute appropriate sales strategies; business development and marketing sales support programs to maximise sales and profitability in line with business aims and objectives. Achieving sales, margin and operating costs through the deployment and effective leadership of the Inside Sales Management team.
Head of Sales responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Help define and implement the transformation project scope, goals and deliverables in line with the overall transformation strategy.
- Manage the implementation of the project with the Inside Sales division.
- Monitor and report on transformation project progress and results.
- Work closely with the Sales Director’s to plan the direction, strategy and tactics of the sales division in accordance with the requirements of the company as a whole.
- Aligned with the Sales Director’s to support with the overall Sales budgets and costs whilst maximising profitability.
- Effectively lead the Inside Sales function in accordance with agreed data, objectives and process.
- Ensuring agreed control procedures are in place and are being used properly.
- Making recommendations to the Customer Services/Sales Directors concerning personnel and people issues.
- Ensuring the client database is both managed and maintained.
- To comply and enforce Company policies, procedures and standards. Promoting Quality, Environmental company practices and a safe and healthy working environment at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
- Exemplary leadership and interpersonal skills, a natural leader with the ability to direct and motivate large groups of people.
- Self-driven and performs best against targets, strives to over-exceed and challenge personal and team ability.
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on business profit.
- The ability to present to groups in an interesting and effective manner.
- The ability to make sound judgements regarding people’s skills, character and motivations.
- Good level of I.T skills, experience of using client database’s or internal data management systems.
- A broad and in-depth commercial understanding of business in general and how the company proposition relates to customers.
- Significant experience in a similar commercial role where directing and leading a large Inside Sales Department and achieving profitable outcomes is key.
- Must be proficient at analysing data, building reporting and making strategic recommendations based on data and trends.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the principles of effective ‘People Management’.
- Demonstrable experience of managing change under difficult circumstances.
- A thorough understanding of the principles of salesmanship and negotiation in particular in outbound telesales.
- Occasional business travel may be required.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Inside Sales to manage, oversee and support the transformation of our Inside Sales Representatives team based at our Head office in Telford.
Offering an overall salary package of up to £57,000 inc. OTE plus Corporate Benefits Package. (inc. Private Healthcare, Pension & Lifestyle Benefits)
About the Company
If you thought the world of Office and Workplace Solutions was limited to paper and pens… think again!
Whatever customers need, Lyreco provide; from furniture to files, notebooks to napkins, hot drinks to highlighters or paperclips to print solutions – we can help.
Lyreco UK & Ireland